8.02.2007

no-knead bread

I followed Jim Lahey's recipe for no knead bread after finding it online last night. Check out my results:

It's the best loaf I've ever made; thick and crusty outside, chewy and moist in. This is a traditional french bread recipe. Just flour, salt, yeast. Or more precisely:
3 cups all-purpose or bread flour, more for dusting
1 5/8 cups water
¼ teaspoon instant yeast
1¼ teaspoons salt
Cornmeal or wheat bran as needed.

You can find the full recipe by searching for Jim Lahey or no-knead bread.

5 comments:

Mama Fabun said...

That recipe is fabulous. I made a version w/ olive oil and rosemary before. Tasty!

Aaron wants to know if it's really possible to make bread without water or any hydration. =)

Dr. Logan said...

oh yeah. i went back and fixed it. whatevs

VeloCC said...

This bread looks delicious:)

I have to try this!

My German bread gene kicks in and makes me gave BREAD.....

Yokota Fritz said...

Mmm, that looks good; I'll need to try that out.

Anonymous said...

Good Job! :)